BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Department of Education (ALSDE) has ordered 2.5 million facial coverings for its students and staff for this coming school year, according to a Facebook post Wednesday.
The amount of coverings is said to be enough for each student and staff member to have three at any given time. The masks are washable and reusable as well.
While there is no statewide facial mandate for schools at this time, ALSDE is taking precautions to equip students and staff to help curb the coronavirus pandemic.
- Suspect detained after possible robbery at Dothan Captain D’s
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s behavior, since-deleted 2019 video could lead to ethics review
- Parents could see up to $8,000 for a tax return under new American Rescue Plan 2021
- Wiregrass baby battles rare disease while becoming a social media celebrity
- Robbery attempt turns deadly at Pansey gas station