TALLADEGA, Ala. (WIAT) — After a careful investigation, U.S. Attorney Jay Town and the FBI report the noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage had been there since October 2019.
U.S. Attorney Town and FBI Special Agent Johnnie Sharp, Jr. conducted numerous interviews regarding the situation at Talladega Superspeedway. After a thorough review of the facts and evidence surrounding this event, we have concluded that no federal crime was committed.
The FBI learned that garage number 4, where the noose was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week. The investigation also revealed evidence, including authentic video confirmed by NASCAR, that the noose found in garage number 4 was in that garage as early as October 2019. Although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week, the statement said.
In conclusion of the investigation, the statement says, “The decision not to pursue federal charges is proper after reviewing all available facts and all applicable federal laws. We offer our thanks to NASCAR, Mr. Wallace, and everyone who cooperated with this investigation.”
- Controversial mandatory mask requirement to be discussed at Tuesday night’s Enterprise City School Board meeting
- Propane prices increase impacts local business
- Arrest is made in a Saturday night shooting in Geneva
- One person sent to hospital following shooting in Dothan
- Without the crowd’s roar, Tokyo Olympians search for spirit