DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Four new deaths from COVID-19 have been reported in Dale County, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health.
Dale County currently has confirmed 568 total cases and eight deaths. The new deaths were confirmed sometime between Tuesday and Wednesday, as shown by the data from both days.
Across the state, 70,413 people have tested positive for COVID-19 since March, with 1,325 people dead from the virus.
As for the other counties in the Southeastern District, Butler County still leads in the number of deaths while Houston County leads in the number of total cases. Here is how they rank up:
- Houston County — 5,441 cases; 158 deaths
- Coffee County — 3,472 cases; 44 deaths
- Dale County — 3,107 cases; 85 deaths
- Covington County — 1,969 cases; 72 deaths
- Butler County — 1,843 cases; 60 deaths
- Pike County — 1,632 cases; 32 deaths
- Geneva County — 1,632 cases; 34 deaths
- Barbour County — 1,211 cases; 34 deaths
- Henry County — 1,053 cases; 26 deaths
- Crenshaw County — 1,091 cases; 47 deaths