DOTHAN, Ala (WDHN)-Dothan City Schools will be closed on Tuesday, March 17 and Wednesday, March 18.
This is in addition to the Alabama State Department of Education’s directive of closures for all Alabama K-12 schools from March 19 until April 6.
Dothan City Schools will consult with Alabama State Department of Education as they continue to work with Governor Ivey’s COVID-19 Task Force to evaluate and decide whether continued closures will be needed and will continue to provide necessary updates.
Dothan City Schools Child Nutrition Program (CNP) will provide lunch and snack meals during the COVID-19 school closures via the USDA Summer Food Service Program.
Meals will be served via a curb-side method at six locations throughout the district beginning Wednesday, March 18. Meals pick up will take place between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
CNP sites will be:
· Beverlye Intermediate School – 1025 S. Beverlye Road
· DCS Head Start – 900 W. Powell Street
· Jerry Lee Faine Elementary School – 1901 Stringer Street
· Kelly Springs Elementary School – 1124 Kelly Springs Road
· Morris Slingluff Elementary School – 4130 Westgate Parkway
· Selma Street Elementary School – 1501 W. Selma Street
CNP Service Dates:
· March 18-20 (Wednesday through Friday)
· March 30 – April 3 (Monday through Friday)
Additional information and resources can be found on Dothan City School’s website at Dothan.k12.al.us/covid19