DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — Dothan Fire says that the evidence is pointing toward an accidental fire in the kitchen to be the cause of the late-night fire.
DFD says they received the call at around 10:20 p.m. on Saturday night of heavy smoke coming out of the back and the sides of Zack’s Family Restaurant in Dothan.
Engines then arrived three minutes later and found that the kitchen was engulfed in flames. Crews were able to able to get the fire under control in about 30 minutes, according to Dothan Fire Chief Larry Williams.
Owner Diane Whaley tells WDHN that they are currently not allowed to go inside the kitchen and that they had the restaurant inspected a week ago.
Whaley would like to thank the Dothan Fire Department for responding quickly to the scene and she says that the outside of the restaurant was not harmed, just the inside of the restaurant.
Whaley says they will now wait on their insurance company, which will meet with them on Monday to discuss the next steps.
Zack’s Family Restaurant has been open in Dothan since 2006.
Stick with WDHN News as we continue to follow this story.
DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — A Dothan restaurant has announced that it will be closed until further notice due to a fire that left significant damage to the inside of the restaurant.
Zack’s Family Restaurant in Dothan, a popular eating establishment sustained significant damage to the restaurant on Saturday night.
The restaurant is located on Headland Avenue in Dothan.
In the Facebook post, the restaurant does say that no one was harmed in the fire.
The other Zack’s Family Restaurant in Slocomb will be open on Sunday.