Flowers Hospital has undergone preparations to continue caring for our patients as well as those who may come to our emergency department as Hurricane Michael approaches our area. Our physicians, nurses and other staff will continue to work diligently to keep our patients and visitors safe during any significant weather.
To help ensure the safety of our patients and staff, all elective, outpatient procedures currently scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 are being rescheduled based on patient need and preference. Flowers Hospital representatives are in the process of contacting any patients who are scheduled for such procedures.
Additionally, all hospital outpatient departments and Flowers Medical Group offices will be closed on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, including:
• Flowers Hospital Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery
• Flowers Hospital Radiology Department and Breast Health Center
• Flowers Hospital Sleep Center (closed Tuesday night and Wednesday)
• Flowers Hospital Wound Care Center
• Flowers Medical Group- Dothan Neurology
• Flowers Medical Group- Dothan Neuro-Spine-Pain
• Flowers Medical Group- Dothan Surgical Services
• Flowers Medical Group- Dothan West Family Medicine
• Flowers Medical Group- Family Medicine Dothan
• Flowers Medical Group- Family Medicine Medical Drive
• Flowers Medical Group- Internal Medicine Associates of Dothan
• Flowers Medical Group- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
• Flowers Medical Group- PrimeCare of Dothan and Daleville
Visiting hours to current patients will also be canceled. However, visitors or family members staying with current patients will be allowed to stay and will not be asked to leave.
Flowers Hospital Fundamentals of Breastfeeding Class and the Breast Cancer Support Group meeting scheduled for Tuesday, October 9, 2018, has also been canceled.
Flowers Hospital employees should communicate with department managers for specific details regarding current work schedules and to which areas to report once arriving at the facility.
At this time, Flowers Hospital plans to resume normal operations on Thursday, October 11, 2018. We remain in contact with our area’s emergency management agency as well as our first responders and disaster response team and will continue to communicate with them closely during this weather event. Throughout any significant weather, we will keep our patients, their families and our staff updated regularly about any related developments.