BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Harvey Updyke, the Alabama Crimson Tide fan who poisoned the oak trees at Toomer’s Corner at Auburn University, has passed away. He was 71.
Updyke’s granddaughter confirmed to CBS 42 that he had passed away.
Updyke famously, or infamously, poisoned the trees that are seen as a sanctuary for Auburn Tiger fans back in 2010 following Auburn’s win in the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa. He had called into the Paul Finebaum radio show to tell the host what he had done.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: SpectraCare provides resources for those battling issues
- Slocomb sees large increases in city sales tax revenues
- WDHN gets an inside look at the Ozark Business, Health, and Job Expo of 2021
- Alabama House approves year-round Daylight Saving bill
- Alabama State Games event makes a return to the Wiregrass