ENTERPRISE, Ala. (WDHN) — The Enterprise Farmer’s Market kicks off the growing season with
a very unique event.
On Saturday at 9:00 a.m., five amateur chefs will shop at the market for their favorite dishes. They will then whip up their creation at the market.
A team of judges will then judge the culinary creations in a Farm-to-Fork Chef showdown. Celebrity chefs from local restaurants will also be on hand to cook some of their favorite meals.
Organizers say ever since the pandemic, it seems the consumer wants to know the freshness of the fruits and veggies, but also their origin. Locally grown produce is a big hit.
“Also you do not want to miss the free hamburgers. 3-D Cattle Company and the Dalrymple family will be grilling free hamburgers while they last starting at 10:00 a.m.,” says Enterprise Special Projects Kay Kirkland
In addition to the Farm-to-Fork Chef showdown, they’ll be more than two dozen local growers selling their wares.
The Enterprise Farmer’s Market is operated from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. each Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The peak growing season runs from early May to the end of August.
More Top Stories
- Local veteran in need of help to fulfill his passion after life-changing accident
- Faith-based nonprofit to help those experiencing food insecurities
- Wiregrass senior citizen sound off on debt ceiling
- Geneva Senior Center Spring Fling
- Madison police officer, suspect killed during standoff in Brandon neighborhood