ENTERPRISE, Ala. (WDHN) — An overnight house fire in Enterprise may have been weather-related.

Just after 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Enterprise Firefighters arrived at the house on Salem Road.

Fire Chief Chris Davis says his crews quickly put out the blaze, but the brick, three-bedroom structure was already engulfed in flames when they got there.

The two occupants in the home were able to escape safely and reportedly they’re now staying with relatives nearby.

At the time of the fire, the area was experiencing a heavy thunderstorm and there’s a possibility that the fire was caused by lightning.

Chief Davis says his personnel was back on the scene trying to determine if it was lightning or some other cause.