DOTHAN, Ala (WDHN) — Dothan City Schools have announced their 2023-2024 Teacher of the Year nominees.
The winners will represent Dothan City Schools District Elementary and Secondary Teacher of the Year in the Alabama Teacher of the Year Program.
The nominees for this year are:
- Early Education:
- Dothan City Early Education Center- Helen Chrissy Taylor
- Beverlye Intermediate School- Alexis Elston
- Carver School for Math, Science, and Technology- Suzanne Richards
- Girard Primary School- Erin Martin
- Girard Intermediate School- Kecia Evans
- Heard Elementary School- Ne’Eisha Rogers
- Hidden Lake Primary School- Tracy Brutley
- Highlands Elementary School- Victoria Hogan
- Jerry Lee Faine Elementary School- Kayla Devore
- Kelly Springs Elementary School- Crystal Forehand
- Morris Slingluff Elementary School- Valerie Paige
- Selma Street Elementary School- Robin Hollis
- Dothan Preparatory Academy- Benjamin Lundy
- Carver 9th Grade Academy- Brenda Roberts
- Dothan High School- Melanie Fore
- Dothan Technology Center- Paula Snider
- Dothan City Virtual School- Meghan Mathus-Goolsby
- PASS Academy/ARC- Jason Abercrombie
The goal of Teachers of the Year is to annually honor excellence in the teaching profession by recognizing outstanding Alabama classroom teachers at local, district, and state levels.
The District Elementary and Secondary Teachers of the Year will be announced later in February.