SLOCOMB, Ala. (WDHN) — A Slocomb family was forced to leave their home after their kitchen caught flames on Saturday.
Crews rushed to a structure fire in the 300 block of East Cox Street in Slocomb.
When they arrived, they found a single-story home with heavy smoke showing. They were able to put out the flames within minutes and keep the fire contained to the kitchen area of the home.
One person was evaluated on the scene by fire medics and no other injuries were reported.
Slocomb Fire-Rescue, Fadette Fire District, and Malvern Volunteer Fire Department all responded to the scene.