FORT RUCKER, Ala. (WDHN) — Lyster Army Health Center is now offering booster shots for the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for immunocompromised people.
A list of immunocompromising health conditions that are eligible to receive the Moderna booster shot include:
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Those interested in receiving the booster are asked to consult their health provider if they have questions regarding eligibility.
In order to fill out an application, you can download the Lyster Army Health Center app here.
For more information about Lyster Army Health Center’s COVID Vaccine Site click here.