DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — A van caught fire earlier Tuesday evening in the McDonald’s drive-thru on West Main Street.

Around 6:30 p.m., the van overheated and burst into flames. Two adults were in the vehicle along with a three-year-old child.

The occupants were able to escape and first responders were called to the scene. Andrew Thomas, the driver, told News 18 although he lost his vehicle, he was able to salvage the most important thing.

“I grabbed my son. I ain’t care about nothing but my son. My son was first. We don’t care about the vehicle, we’re going to get another vehicle. We’re going to get a new vehicle. So we thank God that we got our son out of there and that was the first thing, my son was first before anything and my son was the only thing that was important,” Thomas said.

As for the drive-thru itself, besides being scorched, it was fine.