DOTHAN, Ala. (WDHN) — In 2020, Enterprise resident, Harolyn Benjamin, was diagnosed with Myasthenia gravis after months of being unsure what had caused her to go ill.
The disease is characterized by weakness and rapid fatigue of any of the muscles under your voluntary control. It’s caused by a breakdown in the normal communication between nerves and muscles.
After many bouts in the hospital and finding the right medication, Benjamin is back on her feet and is using her story to try and motivate others.
“Even in the midst of some of our toughest battles, our biggest circumstances, we have a choice and for me, joy has become that choice,” Benjamin said Tuesday on Wake Up Wiregrass.
She has started living by seven points of motivation to create a positive mindset each day. Those being:
1. Get a Great! Theme Song- Harolyn’s is Don’t stop believing -Journey
2. Don’t Do Things Alone Find a Buddy
3. Don’t Take yourself so Serious on Motivation Monday
4. It’s Always a Fabulous Idea to Reward Yourself
5. Great Visuals
6. Make Gratitude A Way of Life
7. No Matter What Happens—Never Give Up
Mrs. Benjamin will be joining Wake Up Wiregrass pretty frequently throughout the next few months, so stay tuned!